Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Your Motivation for Success - By Liane Bate

If you are someone who follows my article posts, you may have noticed that I haven't written so many lately…Why? Okay, excuse time! It's summertime, I love the sun, being outdoors, and being active, and this has been one of our very few heat-wave type summers! No, that doesn't mean I have lost my motivation to be successful at my online business, but let's face it, we all go through ups and downs, productive times and unproductive times – and this maybe isn't my most productive time of year. Maybe it's a good thing I live in Canada where there are four seasons and not just one hot, sun-sizzling summer year round! Yes, I am truly blessed to be where I am. As much as I love the outdoors and enjoying the beauty and solitude of the Rocky Mountains, I also have a pretty strong work ethic that makes me want to be the best I can be at the online business that I have started. At times like these it is tough to stay motivated, but that's precisely when you have to take charge of your self and the direction you are headed.

A lot of motivation has to do with your attitude about yourself, your life, and your direction. You know what I'm going to say…If it's the pits, then so is your level of motivation. Attitude is not only about the state of mind you are in – it's also about taking action. You not only have to think what it takes, you have to do what it takes to get your desired results. What some people don't realize is that a lot of what it takes to have a positive attitude is all about self-maintenance. Taking care of your physical, spiritual, emotional, mental, and intellectual self is the key to maintaining a healthy attitude that leads to success. Simply having an awareness of what motivates, challenges, and inspires you can give you the energy and passion you need to do what it takes.

I know it's not easy to always stay positive. Truth be known, I have always been very strong, but never the perfect model of positive thinking. I am working on it though, and the more I learn about success, internet marketing, and personal development, the more I feel changes taking place within me that feel good and that I know are steps in the right direction. It's important to engage yourself in continuous, life-long learning in any area that interests you. But when you make an investment in yourself and your success, then you are doing yourself a huge favor.

You never really become a true master of yourself as things change, people change, and circumstances change. That's why learning is a life-long process. Once it stops, you stop growing, and when you stop growing, you are stuck with negativity, which always finds a way of sneaking in and taking hold of you. So keep your learning in check, and keep yourself in check. When you have mastered this concept, then you can take things a step further by realizing the importance of giving something to others, or making a contribution. When you do things for other people, you have found a cause greater than yourself, and this can only make you better.

Be sure to know why you are doing what you are doing. It may be tedious to write down what you want out of life, but when you have it in writing, you can read it over and over again when times get tough, as a reminder of what you're shooting for. Our minds can be nasty sometimes – flooding us with negative thoughts that can completely take over. We need constant reminders, just like a refresher course they offer in schools. Even though we already know the concepts and know what it takes, how we have to think, and what to do, there are just too many outside influences that affect our thinking, and our attitudes. Writing what we want down on paper, and keeping it in front of us where we can read it often will help us stay focused, motivated and successful. This article is my partial written word of inspiration to keep me learning and motivated. I hope it helps you too!

Liane Bate owns a Plugin Profit Site web business, is a member of Success University, and the IAHBE.
Visit: href="http://www.HonestMoneyMaking.com">http://www.HonestMoneyMaking.com and href="http://www.HonestMoneyMaking.com/blog/">HonestMoneyMaking.com's Home Business Blog

No comments: