Friday, November 17, 2006

Self-Motivation is the Best Motivation - By Sanjeev Himachali

Introduction

Today is 05th Nov. 2006 and people in this part of the world are celebrating “Guruparav”… ”Birthday of Guru Nanak Dev”. I am sitting here and thinking as what is the motive of our life? What is very purpose of our life? What makes us to wake-up early in the morning and rush for work or college or school? What is that keeps us to continue? Is living – a compulsion? Just because everybody is living…I will also live.

What motivates you?

1. Power

2. Position

3. Money

4. Valuable goods and assets

5. Growth

6. Acceptance and Respect

7. Appreciation, rewards and awards

These are the motivators are most of us, right? (Can to list down few more?). These are the good enough motivators to keep us running throughout the life…to keep us charged. These are the factors, which keep some people “loyal like a dog”; “work like a donkey” and “keep jumping…like a monkey”.

Some simple (Traditional) Motivators…

Let me discuss some “Orthodox” motivators, which also work, are some people.

1) Responsibility: You might have seen in some movies…might also have seen in your own family, when a guy is irresponsible, spending too much time outside…parents usually say, “Iski Shaadi kar do; jimmeyvari aayegi to khud samajhdaar ho jaayega” (Get him married. Once he gets responsibilities, he too becomes responsible). Don’t you think that “enforced responsibility” also motivates some people? Then he knows that now he is not alone…he need to work for his wife, for his family and then for their future. In India,(People say that) things doesn’t work until and unless they are enforced or until and unless it is compulsion (no other way).

2) Looking beyond your sight:

A. You are always able to see one side of the coin…you sure want to see the other side.

B. You are able to see a huge mountain…you always want to see…what is there on the other side.

C. You are in a ocean…everywhere you see water, water and only water…you want to know where is the end.

That is called as “Motivation to know more”…motivation to know more than what you already know.

3) Power of Dreams: This is, seeing the unseen. Seeing, what no one has ever seen. Having a dream is a motivation but that is not enough. Passion to make that dreams a reality is a bigger motivation.

A. If you have dream…

B. If you have passion…

C. If you are not afraid to fail…

D. If you are not worried about the end result…

E. If you have zeal to continue, in spite of problems …

…then no one is more motivated then what you are. You don’t need any external motivator. You will always be charged and ready to go.

Learning from life

More than the above mentioned…if you look around, you would find that there are so many small-small and little facts of life; thoughts and experiences around us, which are big enough to keep us, motivated all the time. Have a look at the following:

1) Many parents kill their “unborn children” (Foeticide)…either by chance or by choice. It can be miscarriage or abortion or any other accident. We are fortunate enough that our parents let us to see this “wonderful” world.

2) Many people are unfortunate. They are handicap. They cannot see, cannot listen, cannot talk, they don’t have any of the limb…they are suffering from deadly diseases. We are health. Isn’t it a good thought to keep us motivated?

3) There are those families, which are poor. They don’t earn enough to eat three times in a day. We are doing well enough to eat three times a day…that too hygienic and quality food.

4) People have two sets of dresses (People in some parts of the world…don’t have anything to wear). They wash one and wear another one. We have so many in our wardrobe.

5) Many people are not fortunate enough to get good education…either there are no facilities or they just cannot afford. We are educated enough to take our decisions and decide things which are good or bad for us.

6) Those who are educated, not all are employed. We are not only employed but doing good enough to take care of ourselves, our family and chase our dreams.

7) Doesn’t matter if it is summer, winter or rainy season…some people are just in care of nature. They don’t have house. They don’t have place to stay. We have house…that we all call “Home Sweet Home”.

8) Everyday there are so many accidents, natural calamities (Cyclone, Floods, Earthquakes etc) killing thousands of people. We are fortunate that we are alive today and are with our family and relatives.

Aren’t these fact are good enough for you to keep you motivated and feel satisfied and content.

Conclusion

Life will become miserable…it will become hell if you start

1. Finding faults is others

2. Taking revenge

3. Thinking negative

4. Complaining

5. Harming others

But life will become heaven, if

1. You start counting your blessings

2. You start thinking that there are more people who love you and less people who hate you

3. You start thinking positive about yourself and your life.

Before I sign-off I like to share this quotation, which I found while scanning through Internet, which actually summarize the theme of whole article.

Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.

Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or I can appreciate that I have a place to call home.

My life stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.

It will nice to get your comments and feedback.

With lots of love and care,

Sanjeev Himachali

Blog: http://sanjeevhimachali.blogspot.com

E-mail: ss_himachali@yahoo.com; sanjeev.himachali@gmail.com

1 comment:

Scottsdale Window Tint said...

I'm delighted to find out this publish really sensible for me, because it is produced up of ton of information. I normally favor to undergo the exceptional subject material which level I situated in you write-up. Thanks for sharing!