Friday, September 07, 2007

Five Ways to Empower You to Change - May Your Life Never be the Same - By Bell Rushing

In my opinion, our lives are derived by the choices we make. No matter where you are in your life today, you can Empower Yourself by choosing to “change” or choose not to “change,” it’s up to you. Ask yourself this question: Am I truly living the life I desire? Reflect on this question for a moment and allow this question to resonate deep within.

If you are not living the life you truly desire, why IS that? Do you feel like you are not worthy to live the life you desire? Do you feel like your life is too busy & you can’t focus on yourself right now? Or, maybe you don’t think you have a choice to live the life you desire or deserve?

Let’s take a look at Five Ways to Empower Yourself to Change...

1.) Awareness ~

Be conscious of knowing, you do have a Choice to Change Your Life. I use to think “I didn’t have a Choice” and felt, I had to settle for what life gave me. When I became a student of Personal Development with Dr. Ellie Drake, a Transformational & Inspirational Speaker/Coach, what I found, if I desire to have a different reality, then I can – by Choosing to Change!

2.) Change your Thinking ~

Have you ever felt like life isn’t fair & things are always going wrong versus going right? And, feeling like the victim? These negative thoughts & feelings transcend into the Universe & then it’s sent back to you. Sort of like a boomerang! The energy & focus you give out, is what you receive. Change your thinking & your Life will Change!

3.) Become the Victor ~

Start re-programming old “negative” thoughts with new “positive” thoughts and you’ll get different results. For example, instead of saying “life isn’t fair & things are always going wrong,” let’s change it to… “It is what it is & we’re grateful for where we are, at this moment in our life.” Doesn’t that feel better? Become the “Victor” versus the victim!

4.) Create Choice ~

I realize everyday, I have a Choice! Every situation has two sides – a positive and negative approach & I allow myself to choose which side I want. Empower Yourself to Create Choice!

5.) Emotions ~

Let’s take a look at some positive & negative emotions…

● Positive Emotions: Joy, Peace, Love & Happiness

● Negative Emotions: Sad, Frustrated, Angry & Depressed

Which emotions do you want to feel? Its human nature to feel both positive & negative emotions, and do you agree… you can “choose” the way you want to feel?

For example, if a situation arises, ask yourself these questions:

a) Do I choose to be at Peace with the situation & say, it is what it is and ask – what lessons can I learn from it? -OR-
b) Do I choose to be Frustrated with the situation & say, this is always happening to me and I’m the victim once again?

It’s your choice, right? It’s how you choose to look at the situation. Its how you change the way you look at the situation. And, your Life will Change!

I’ve shared a few “secrets” from what I’ve embraced & learned along the way, as my Journey of Empowerment continues. In closing, take some time to “reflect” on these Five Ways to Empower Yourself and “choose” what resonates within you. Choose to Change & May Your Life Never be the Same!

“I may not be able to change everything in my life with ONE decision, yet I am able to change the direction of my life with ONE decision." by: Dr. Ellie Drake

A Motivation Word a day will make your day a GREAT DAY.

Businesswoman, Friend, Collaborator, and Team player, Bell Rushing fulfills her Entrepreneurial Calling by offering a great service that enriches the lives of others. Together with other fellow BraveHeart Community members, her goal is to empower Women to be multi-dimensional success stories and inspiration to others. Be sure to Visit: http://www.braveheartwomen.com/bell

No comments: