Thursday, July 04, 2013

Take Lots of Baby Steps

"Take lots of baby steps.  Again don't feel daunted by the task at hand.  The best way to eat an elephant is a mouthful at at a time.  So make that phone call, commit to the course you've put off for ages, arrange that meeting with the boss and visit that elderly neighbour you haven't seen for ages.  Every book starts with a first line, so what's your new chapter going to start with?"

-- Peter Hawkins


"It is wise to direct your anger towards problems -- not people; to focus your energies on answers -- not excuses."

-- William Arthur Ward


“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”

-- Groucho Marx

No comments: