Monday, October 02, 2006

Insanity: Stuck in Mediocrity - By Jan Verhoeff

What happens when you make the same choices over and over again expecting different results? The same ole thing?

I’ve been told it’s a sign of definite insanity, but… So many people do it. Does that mean we live in a world of insanity? Let’s explore the options.

We raise children through the stages of dreamland where they can do anything, to the stage of educational excellence. Steady there, Molly Jean, you have to get your education. Then we send them off to college where the rest of their dreams are pounded out of them and they assume they have to graduate college and go to work for the motivated few capable of running a business. And God forbid they should actually have an independent thought of their own, or be encouraged to accomplish something outside the minimum wage system of pay that we managed to strive through and save something small for retirement. Isn’t there a better way?

Just because Grandpa ‘got by’ working for somebody else, making his living a dime at a time, does that really mean I have to do the same thing?

I think not. The world is full of abundance. It just is. The law of attraction states that whatever I have I draw more to me. So, if I settle for mediocrity, doesn’t that mean that I’m doomed to mediocrity? Or LESS?

As the saying goes, “If you settle for less than you deserve, you immediately get less than you settle for.” I’m not sure who said it, but I’ve found it to be true; both in relationships, jobs, and personal endeavors. The moment I accept less than I believe is God’s best for my life, I receive less and less.

There is more. Life offers so much more. And ALL I have to do to receive it is step up and believe it’s mine. This isn’t some name it and claim it brick-a-brack from Franni Loose Lips Fanatic About Everything, this is a Principle of Life that actually is at work in our lives whether we believe it or not, no matter where we stand on the issue.

Negativity begets negativity. Motivation begets motivation. Love begets love. Life begets life. So, what are you begetting with your current attitude? Are you bringing the best that life has to offer to you? Are you settling for mediocrity at best and failure because you settled?

Looking back over the days gone by, and there have been many, I see a lot of settling in my own life. And I know and understand the Principle of Life known as the Law of Attraction. I wonder how many who don’t know about it settle?

Insanity?
Mediocrity is an option. Expect more and get it.

Market Abundance. View the prosperous opportunity of building a business of Abundant Affluence with http://janverhoeff.com

No comments: