Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Intuitive Squirrel: Sometimes Big Messages come from Small Packages - By Katharine Giovanni

I was driving down the road on my way to a doctor's appointment the other day when I saw a squirrel sitting by the side of the road. In the very next instant, this same little squirrel darted across the road right into traffic. Now Kildaire Farm Road is a VERY busy road, so I held my breath for the little guy as I was certain he wouldn't make it across. Incredibly he made it to the other side safe and sound. Then he quickly picked up something and without skipping a beat, ran across the busy road again!!! Completely fascinated, I watched as a truck swerved to avoid hitting it, and silently cheered when the trusting squirrel made it back to his tree safe and sound. Impossible as it may sound, this all happened in the time span of about 20 seconds.

<p>Now you might be asking yourself why I am telling you this story?

Because I am that squirrel!

Lately, Ron and I have been juggling an incredible number of projects. Each has a financial "burden" attached to it and each has a deadline. Factor in two kids, the 3 other companies we're running right now and a new book that I'm writing and voila! I am that squirrel. I am racing across the street, dodging cars and potholes left and right trying to get safely to the other side.

Have you ever felt like that? You know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but if you can't see it, then you must rely on faith and intuition to get you there.

I'll say that one again. It's a matter of faith and trusting your intuition.

My intuition is telling me to keep going and all will be well. My faith is what is getting me through each day. Faith that my "intuition" is correct and leading us the right way.

Easy for me to say right?

You now might be thinking - reality check Katharine! It's hard to have faith in something we can't see!!! You might be thinking that your "cars" are huge and impossible to dodge safely.

Hmm...a very good point actually. Yet that darn squirrel had faith. AND HE MADE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!

In fact, he did it twice.

There's a huge lesson here. I knew it the instant I saw that squirrel. Have complete faith and trust your intuition when it tells you that everything will work out fine. My inner voice is my internal compass that keeps me going in the right direction and is guiding me across that road. Sure there are huge cars coming at me and potholes to jump over, but I'll get there.

Hey, if the squirrel can do it so can I! He had faith that he would make it back home to his tree safe and sound. He had no doubts and no fears. He simply knew that he would.

Here's another powerful example from the animal world. NOT ONE animal was hurt or killed by the Tsunami! They all trusted their intuition and followed their inner voices to safety.

These beautiful animals are offering us an incredible lesson.

Have no doubt that you will be able to cross your road!!! Trust your intuition and listen to your inner voice. Let it guide you safely across and before you know it, your prosperity will be at hand. You can do this!!! Whatever problems are on your "road." You can get across. Your intuition is like your own personal lighthouse. It's there to guide you safely into the harbor. All you have to do is listen.

I learned a lot from that little squirrel as he taught me a valuable lesson. He reminded me that if you have faith, you can do anything.

Godspeed little guy, and thank you.

Katharine Giovanni has been a meeting/event planner and concierge for over 20 years and has set up five successful businesses: Meeting Planning Plus, Triangle Concierge, NewRoad Publishing, XPACS and Triangle International. She is Triangle Concierge's senior trainer and speaker and is the author of their best-selling book "The Concierge Manual" as well as the author of the "In-House Concierge Manual". She is also the Chairman of the Board of the International Concierge and Errand Association. A dynamic public speaker, Katharine has been a speaker at seminars and conferences around the country, and has appeared on both radio and television. She is the author of the acclaimed inspirational book "God, is that you?" Katharine can be reached through her websites at http://www.triangleconcierge.com; http://www.katharinegiovanni.com or http://www.triangleinternational.com

No comments: